The School for Young Children Celebrates 75 Years!
The School for Young Children began its journey as a laboratory school in 1936. The collaborative work of Sister Mary Rosa and Sister Mary de Lourdes Kenney brought about a very exciting beginning to The School's life at a time in Connecticut's history when early childhood education was nearly nonexistent. It quickly established itself as a leader in the field of child development. The School for Young Children at the University of Saint Joseph was one of the first laboratory sites in the nation designed for preschool teacher training.
Read more about our early history. View our photo album!